Thursday 26 May 2016

After-exam trip with friends to Mahabaleshwar

After my classmates' and my exams were over on the 20th of May, we decided to go for a trip. It all started with far-fetched plans (as usual), and we finally concluded at going to Mahabaleshwar (a place about 120km from Pune). We booked a resort all by ourselves and it was a "no-adult (grown-up) trip". We started for Mahabaleshwar on the 23rd for a three day trip and here is how it goes:

Day 1 (23rd):
My friends and I decided that we should start from Pune at around 8:00am. We were 10 people in two cars (along with two drivers of course (excluded)). I reached the pickup point on time but as one would expect, my friends were late there to pick my friend and me up from the point. But soon we were on the way to our final destination (away from exams, study and... parents). I was in the larger of the two cars along with five others. We were listening to songs and fooling around with each other for a lot of time until we reached a 'dhaba' which was owned by one of my friend's aunt. We ate our breakfast in the dhaba and then continued our journey to the resort in Mahabaleshwar (I switched cars as some of my friends preferred others over me...).

At paintball
We reached Mahabaleshwar at around 1:00pm in the afternoon after we had a short break at a scenery point. We had clicked some pictures together at the scenery point and then we left for Mahabaleshwar where we reached at 1:00 as I said before. After reaching there, we had our lunch in the resort restaurant (which was actually pay-to-eat but somehow was hacked free by us, I do not know how yet!). Later, we had a swimming session after deciding who stays in which of the two rooms. I do not know how to swim, so I preferred to stay out and click pictures of my friends swimming. Later, we took some rest in our rooms while playing uno cards. We then decided to go for a game of paintball at a nearby location to our resort. It was definitely fun with the military suits, helmets and the heavy guns that we used in our battle with paint. It was my first time at this game and so my aim wasn't very great, but some of my friends were really good at it!

After the game of paintball, we went back to our resort for the rest of the day. We first watched some TV (and I was surprised that my friends loved watching Doraemon too; just like me!). Later, we went our to the corridor area to play mini-cricket and have fun together (the objective of this trip). Once we got bored, we went back into our rooms, had some snack as we were hungry and laid about lazily in our beds. We resorted to playing uno cards once again for the rest of the time we would be staying together in the room for the day. Once it was dinner time, most (almost all) of my friends went to a nearby place to eat non-vegetarian food (as the resort was vegetarian) while two of my friends, I and the drivers ate in the resort itself. My friends and I played some indoor games (pool and table tennis) until the rest were back. When all were back, we played uno (once again!) and slept off at about 12:45am in the night (zzzzzzz).

Day 2 (24th):
I woke up early the next day (with insufficient sleep) to find out I had a bad cold coming up probably due to the dusty bed of the resort. I quickly followed some suggestions my mom told me on the phone which calmed down the cold for the rest of the day. Once we were done getting ready in our room, we went for breakfast together. We sat together outside the restaurant as it was full due to the amount of rush in the restaurant. After finishing eating, we went back to our rooms to mend up the mess we created with our clothes and other stuff. Then, we were off for our next destination.

At about 11:30am, we left for a entertainment ride park "Velocity" which was also pretty close by to our resort. We went there, looked at the rides that the place had to offer and then we did Go-karting. It was the first time I did go-karting and I was thrilled by the fact that I was going to drive that car (fast!) by myself. I raced through the race course and did involuntary drifts at the turns which made the ride much more fun. We were thinking to continue this with a dashing cars ride but seeing the cost-to-fun ratio (it's made up...), we discarded the idea to do this too. We were then thirsty due to the scorching afternoon heat of India. We had some drinks, and then returned back to the resort for lunch.

You can see my "car" drift in this short clipping

Swimming pool!
We all had lunch at the resort restaurant together, once again outside the restaurant area as it was too crowded. After doing so, we went back to our rooms to rest. About an hour after rest, my friends decided to go swimming once again. This time, I did not sit out and joined the fun in the swimming pool with the others. They were a fun two hours in the pool. According to the plan, after swimming, we went to a nearby place (called Venna lake) to do either boating / horse-riding. We chose what we wished to do. The boating area had crowded lines with over 200 people so that was ruled out from the list, all decided to do horse-riding. I wanted to do it too at first, but then backed out after seeing how harshly the poor horses were being treated. I watched my friends ride the horses. Just when we were about to leave, one of my friends who was the last to horse-ride fell off the horse to receive some cuts and scratches. So, we all went back to the resort. I stayed with him while some of the others went to buy some medical aid.

Venna lake
After this episode, we enjoyed the IPL cricket match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Gujarat Lions. It was an epic and really close match so all of us enjoyed watching it. We then went for dinner the same way we had done the previous night - most went to eat non-veg outside the resort while two others and I ate in the resort itself. When we returned back to our room, I had a slight fever, explaining why I was dull during the evening. I slept off during the second innings of the match. It was only the next morning that I woke up again (that too, late!).

Day 3 (25th):
The third day started off really late in the morning. All of us were tired and we were all in deep sleep. We got up only at 8:40am when someone knocked on the door. We were told that we had to check out as soon as possible from the room as new people were coming in. It was a really odd timing and bad on the part of the resort in this term that we had to clear the room in the morning itself (usual time is 12 in the noon). So, we all freshened up real quick and did not bathe as we had to leave the room soon. We cleared the room, went for breakfast in the resort restaurant, ate light and left from the resort.

At Parsi point
Mapro market
In a while, we reached the Mapro gardens which are a famous place in Mahabaleshwar to visit. We saw how some types of chocolates are made and also the huge market of Mapro where all their different products are sold at wholesale prices. We bought some stuff in this market and then went to the restaurant that was open in the garden area. We shared a pizza together while some also drank milkshakes or ate ice-creams. After this, we started back for Pune. On the way back, a while later after we left the Mapro gardens, we reached a scenery point called the 'Parsi point'. The view was amazing from there. We clicked some pictures and headed back for Pune. We stopped by for lunch in a dhaba on the highway (I did not eat much as I was already full from what I ate). After lunch, without stop we were back in Pune at about 4:15pm. I rented an auto-rickshaw home from the drop-point to end another wonderful trip with friends (and sadly, probably the last one too)...

-Suhas
26/05/16

1 comment:

  1. Mahabaleshwar is a hill station located in satara district of Maharashtra state Mahabaleshwar overall shows moderate and a very soothing climate making it favorable as a weekend spot. Ideally, this mahabaleshwar is to be visited during the summer especially between October and June.

    ReplyDelete