Friday 25 November 2016

Concert in Pune

On Sunday, the 20th, my teacher Ms. Sonam Lodhi hosted a concert in Mazda Hall, at Pune. All of the participants (about 20) are my teacher's students. We practiced quite a bit for this concert since almost three-four months. This was my second concert (after one in Mumbai in Aug 2015). I was one of the senior-most students in this concert and I played two pieces - one solo, and one trio with my teacher and another student.

The solo named "Allegro - First Movement of Sonate in G major K283" is one of Mozart's oldest pieces when he was just 18 years of age.

The trio named "Golliwogg's Cake Walk" is one of the pieces from Debussy's Children's Corner.

My performance significantly bettered from the last time in Mumbai when my hands stuttered amidst the performance. I enjoyed playing and as you will see below, I felt immersed while playing the piano. It was a different experience to play on Pune's most well known grand piano, which is a Blüthner.

Here is the clipping of the solo that I played (uploaded to youtube):

-Suhas
25/11/16

No comments:

Post a Comment