Tuesday 3 January 2017

Trip to my grandparents' place

On the 27th of December, I started for Kakinada in a train, to visit my paternal grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins of course -- all of them arriving for a huge celebration. My grandparents' three children (including my father of course) hosted a function to celebrate the golden jubilee (50th) marriage anniversary of my grandparents and also the diamond jubilee (75th) of my grandfather. This memorable trip also is probably my last large gathering before I am off to US for under-graduation.

Actual function was on 30th December (photos have not arrived yet)
Function at my grandparents' spiritual institute (Brahmakumari) was on 31st December

Detailed account of all activities will be added later

Photos of function at grandparents' spiritual institute:

Walking toward the institute


Institute head giving a speech

Crowning ceremony of grandparents


The crowd at the institue

Garland ceremony of grandparents

Cutting cake with all the grandchildren present

Lunch after function completed

Photos of a short trip to Mada forest at Coringa after function on 31st

Wooden walkways (to Neverland??)


The Tulyabhaga river


The Tulyabhaga river

At the pier, whole family picture


Another family picture


...And another family picture (messy indeed)


Discussing (or arguing?) whether 'the river' is a river
or backwater


To the left and to the right, go all cousins


Hurray!!! for what?


Another family picture


Another family picture


Guess who is the monkey


My parents at the pier


Exhausted after walking around the forest (or just lazy?)


Just before leaving the forest, one final family picture


-Suhas
03/01/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment