Friday 15 July 2016

Day 3: ...and griding even more...

The sir who is helping me did not come today but, I still decided to go on grinding to complete the 600 grit. I was told yesterday that I should continue grinding the mirror in the same position and motion (TOT and SW). So, I did as I was told and surprisingly, I got the hang of it from the previous two days. I found the perfect concentration of the grit to apply on the mirror for grinding comparatively easily. I could complete whole revolutions of the wooden platform much faster than the previous two days.

After completing three whole revolutions, I took a break as it was starting to become exhausting. I ate lunch soon after. After lunch, I did two more revolutions before realizing that the working hours with the 600 grit were achieved. So, I cleaned up everything once again. I got everything ready for the 800 grit but, I did not start working with it as I was not sure whether it was the right time to start working with this grit size. I thought it would be better to wait for supervision and also, it was awkward that I did not have a conversation with a single person for a long time today (almost 5 hours since I left home and reached home again). More grinding for another day... (sigh)

-Suhas

No comments:

Post a Comment