Tuesday 26 July 2016

Day 4: More grinding!

On the previous Friday, I went back to continue grinding my mirror and sure enough, everything was still there as I had left it a week ago. I had to start with the 800 grit as the previous time, I had completed the 600 grit and cleaned up the setup. I could clearly see the difference in the consistency of the grit as I was changing it each time. The higher the number, the less viscous the grit. But, at the same time, it was getting tougher to predict the right amount of grit to be used each time for grinding. So, when I started grinding with the 800 grit, once, I put wrong proportions of grit and water which lead to the mirror and glass tool getting stuck together really tightly. Sir pulled them apart by putting the mirror + tool in hot water.

After continuing to grind for a while, I took a break and had lunch. After lunch, I completed the target hours for grinding with the 800 grit. So, I cleaned up everything once again to make it ready for the final grit before the grinding procedure is complete - 1200. The sir guiding me said that I had done enough TOT and so he told me that now the mirror should be on top (MOT) throughout the rest of the grinding. I started grinding with 1200 but I realized that I was already too exhausted to do 1200. I completed one revolution with 1200 grit and then left everything as is and called it a day.

-Suhas

No comments:

Post a Comment