Monday 31 October 2016

A serious fitness resolution!

You may have seen on the home page that I have taken a gap year from mainstream studies. One of the main reasons for the thought of taking a gap year was always my fitness. In my younger days, I was a very sick kid (I fell sick very often, often chronic). Although I have become healthier over the years, my parents have been worried whether or not I will be able to care for myself once I am on my own. I started slow training at first (as I was never a lot into physical activities), but I was quite unwilling to go for exercise every single day (believe me, it is tough for a couch guy). My father on the other hand, has been regularly exercising for a few years now. He even ran a 10km run recently. He is continuing to train on a regular basis to run a Half-Marathon in December.

So, on the 23rd of October (a week ago), I decided - initially with a half-heart - that I would run a 10km in December too. I created a custom six-week plan for myself and started following it. The furthest I have run yet, is slightly more than 4km (I track my activity with the app RunKeeper). My aim is to increase this gradually every week and run a 10km on the 4th of December. This would be my first milestone in my fitness goals that I could proudly boast about!

-Suhas
31/10/16

No comments:

Post a Comment