Monday 31 October 2016

Diwali comes and goes once again...

Mom and dad
 After another whole year, Diwali came once again. This time we had no guests due to my important admission's exams being around the corner. At first, I was reluctant to burst any crackers for three different reasons! : The first being that I was bored of bursting crackers every preceding year, the second being that I wanted to reduce my contribution to noise and air pollution, the last being a more recent development of fear for bombs or fire in general (the reason unknown to me either).

Mom and I

But, on the morning of Diwali itself, which was yesterday, I realized that it might be my last Diwali in a few years - I would most likely be going to the US for my under-graduation the next August. So, I ushered my dad to buy a few crackers - something that would satisfy me that I celebrated Diwali. I burst the crackers yesterday, late in the evening (not a very pleasant sight as I was constantly fearing the bombs). Now, I am satisfied that I celebrated Diwali - probably the last time with crackers!

-Suhas
31/10/16

No comments:

Post a Comment