Tuesday 9 August 2016

Day 7: Work with the mirror is done!

Today, I went once again to continue polishing the mirror. I went with a target to complete polishing the mirror by the end of today. As soon as I reached, I started polishing the mirror with TOT and SW but, sir soon told me that I had done enough of TOT and so I switched the positions of the mirror and the fish tool to start MOT. He kept checking the mirror under a torchlight to see if the 'Rinchigram' that was required was achieved. Rinchigram is the pattern of lines formed on the surface of mirror (due to its terrain) when light is passed through a piece of 'thin glass with dark stripes spaced at regular intervals'. When the lines formed on the mirror are almost straight, the Rinchigram required is achieved and the polishing process is done.

Before lunch and after lunch, I had to check the Rinchigram several times as in the beginning of polishing, the light wasn't even passing through the mirror completely (which is supposedly normal after grinding). Sir noticed that SW wasn't being very effective and so he told me to continue with LW (long wave). LW was a more tiring process but nevertheless, I wanted to complete the polishing process today. Soon enough, the Rinchigram was achieved and the work with the mirror was done!! (not just the polishing). Sir, said that once the mirror would get coated (by an outside party), the mirror would be ready for assembly! The only thing that I was not completely satisfied with was that the mirror got slightly scratched at two places. Sir said it would not make much of a difference and so, I did not think much of it further.

-Suhas

No comments:

Post a Comment